I have really enjoyed participating in some new challenges this week. It has forced me to take some new shots, go through some archives, and ultimately learn more. I am submitting this photo for my before and after, I took this photo when we were headed home from our river trip this past weekend. We were at a stop light and I saw the Rudy's BBQ sign, and I saw the arrow - which is one of the themes for the August 2010 Photo Challenge. I have another arrow image, but it is pretty cliche..ok lame. Rudy's is me and my husbands favorite BBQ joint - the turkey, and jalapeno sausage is delicious...oh and the BBQ sause (yes that is how it is spelled) is amazing!
This was taken using my Nikon D5000, just using the 18-55mm kit lens - didnt have much time to switch anything out since we were at a light
Brought it into PS zoomed and cropped to 5x7
Straightened the photo, it was slighty crooked after I zoomed
Edited out the powerlines, and light
Upped the brightness/contrast to compensate for the underexposure
I overexposed the sky a bit, but I think it gives it a more "artsy" feel to it
I did a couple other things and I can't remember...anyway, enjoy!

SOOC:
AFTER:
This was taken using my Nikon D5000, just using the 18-55mm kit lens - didnt have much time to switch anything out since we were at a light
Brought it into PS zoomed and cropped to 5x7
Straightened the photo, it was slighty crooked after I zoomed
Edited out the powerlines, and light
Upped the brightness/contrast to compensate for the underexposure
I overexposed the sky a bit, but I think it gives it a more "artsy" feel to it
I did a couple other things and I can't remember...anyway, enjoy!








this REALLY works!! So cute :)
ReplyDeleteI really love this! The colors, the vintagey style...perfect edit!
ReplyDeleteWow!! Fantastic edit!! It's still so clear when you cropped out most of the photo!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great find - that's way better than my arrow shot. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, great edit!
ReplyDeleteGreat arrow shot! I'm struggling to find one I like!
ReplyDeleteOhh, I love this! I wouldn't have even guessed it was the same picture - wow. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally laughing at the "slap bracelet." Now how did I forget that one!? LOL! Happy Thursday! ;-)
Great shot!!! The editing is perfect! LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteFantastic job!
ReplyDeleteI like it! And I think the sky is perfect in this!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I love how you edited it.
ReplyDelete