November 14, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Two posts over a weekend is pretty monumental for me, seeing as most weekends we are pretty busy. But, I was able to complete Ashley's Scavenger Hunt Sunday, which is also pretty monumental. I have managed to only complete the list once, and every week I tell myself to do this more frequently - so here goes!

1. Self-Portrait - Since my Uncle Wishwa (Far Left) and my Aunt Bertica (Right of me) were in from Pennsylvania; Saturday we had our "Cuban Family" over at my parents  for my dad's famous Cuban sandwiches, drinks, and yummy deserts  This was taken on Saturday after we got back from Church. Thanks to Brad's dad for snapping this photo - I am in the middle!
self

I wanted to share another self-portrait, this one is of me and my Aunt Bertica. In my post from Wednesday I had mentioned how everyone thinks we look alike. We definitely have height in common - 5'8" What do you guys think? 
self_1

2. Handmade - This was some of our desert from Saturday. A homemade guava pie! Guava pie is a Cuban thing, and we go crazy over it. There were about 15 people fighting over slices - seriously DELICIOUS! I did not make it, but it is homemade nonetheless!
homemade

3. Orange - Growing up I loved Tigger, so there is still  a little collection of stuffed Tiggers at my parents house in my room. Which still looks the same from High School. The one in the picture I got at Animal Kingdom when I went to Disney World in High School - that was also the trip that I decided that it would be awesome to work there, which a few short years later after college I did.
Orange

4. Candle - No story behind this. This was just a silver candle that is on a shelf at my parents house.
candle

5. Signs - I forgot I had this picture. I took this a couple months ago when we went to a ballgame. I like the retro look it has.
sign

Hope you enjoyed my interpretations of the themes, definitely check out more entries. Also if you are here for the first time welcome! 



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Nice job! I love your handmade and traffic signal shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sign shot! And that guava pie looks seriously delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. That pie looks delicious. Wonderful job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. love your orange and handmade :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of your candle shot! You and your aunt do look alike, I also noticed you look a lot like Christa Miller (Dr. Cox's wife in Scrubs) Do you get that a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, I love your handmade and candle shots. That pie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures this week - loving your self portraits and I love that last shot. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, that pie looks delicious! I really like your self-portraits and sign shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That guava pie looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots, I love the sign shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your candle shot! The composition, the lines, the repetition, the angle of the wick, all makes for a fascinating photo.

    ReplyDelete