I will admit, this month was difficult for me to finish the October Photo Hunt Challenge. We were so busy and I barely had a chance to focus on the list of themes. But, this past weekend I realized that I signed up, so I need to finish it! So here are my entries...some may be a little of a stretch but I think they all work. Enjoy!
1. In Disguise - here is one that might be a stretch. Does dressing up as a flower girl count as "in disguise?"

2. Crisp - not sure if this photo even fits this theme, but I am going to try any way. This was one of the centerpieces from the wedding, and it has the birch type branches inside, which are crisp right?? It might be a stretch...but I'm going with it


3. Fall Colors - Here is a shot of the brides bouquet with her new husbands fireman's helmet. His cake was a replica of this helmet which apparently was used is a rescue where a few of his buddies were hurt.


4. Jack o Latern - This was taken at the wedding I helped shoot, at the sign in table they had these adorable pumpkins with their initials on them.

5. Shot from the Ground - This was also taken at the wedding (I will be sharing a few for this challenge!)

6. Landscape - I took this a few days ago as the sun was setting. I thought the sky looked beautiful that night!

7. In Season - Every October my club soccer team plays in the annual Octoberfest tournament. So here is a shot of our women's team kicking butt

8. Books - These are 2 books that we received as wedding presents. One is a Williams-Sonoma New Orleans cookbook, and the other is all about Spanish art. I like that both of these depict my background, and they dress up our coffee table =)


9. Dining - This is what I have been having lately as a night time treat - a glass of milk, and a skinny cow ice cream bar. Yes that is ice in my milk, don't ask I have always done it! haha


10. Child - Surprise! Another shot from the wedding! This little boy was too cute not to share!

11. Faces Formed in Nature - this might be another stretch but I shot this at my husbands softball game, and it is the screws on the swinging gate, I think it reminds me of ET

12. Tilt Shift - I think I failed at this, but here is my attempt any way = )

13. Selective Coloring - Here is the brides bouquet. I shot this right before she was going to walk down the aisle

14. Bokeh - I think I probably had a better one for this, but I really like this one.

15. Best Photo Taken on October 23rd - So I had every intention of taking this photo. I brought my camera to our tournament in Dallas...but then halfway through our game the tornado sirens went off and it started storming, and pouring down rain....so I'm going to be honest and say I have no photo for this...sad face
16. From the Kitchen - Here is our Kitchen Aid mixer, I have used it maybe 10 times....but it's so pretty

17. Vintage - I took this at my husbands parents house, it is an old Radio Flyer wagon, I think it is older than my husband

18. Something Creepy - This is one of the Halloween decorations I had for our party last year. This year I put it out front for the Trick or Treaters to enjoy - his eyes even light up

19. Something Golden - This was one of the decorations at the infamous wedding. Some candle lit bags on the steps leading into the reception area.

20. Self-Portrait - Well it's not my face, but you get the idea. Soccer defines a lot of who I am since it is a huge part of my life, and you can see some of my battle wounds too

Hope you have enjoyed my entries, definitely go check out the rest - HERE!




These are all great - glad you finished! I love them all but I'm digging those pumpkins - it looks like etching. Were they real pumpkins?
ReplyDeleteA beautiful collection....and I can't believe you were able to do it AND have a wedding. Love your vintage, bokeh, from the kitchen, and your little one in disguise is adorable.
ReplyDeleteWow, I love your landscape shot, that sky is fantastic! I love your selective coloring shot too, but your bokeh is my favorite. I love that one!
ReplyDeleteyour B&W with selective color is amazing! my absolute favorite of all the pictures! nice collection!
ReplyDeletethose pumpkins are fabulous. i need one for my home! and great job on the face one. totally reminds me of my childhood for some reason.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. The wedding details were beautiful. I adore my mixer and also used it in my photo hunt.
ReplyDeleteYou have great shots here. My favorites are Crisp, Child, B&W selective coloring. Here's are mine:
ReplyDeletehttp://darleneweberphotos.blogspot.com/2010/11/october-2010-photo-hunt.html
I think your crisp photo works in so many ways, the crisp endge of the glass the dryed brunches inside.
ReplyDeleteI realy like your selictive color photo,it makes the buqut stand out.
What a great collection and in amongst a really busy time for you. The sunset is just so pretty, the colours are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteNice job! Your vintage, child, ground, and kitchen shots are my favorite. That child one is such a great capture. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! Love your shot from the ground! It is beautiful! Also, your vintage shot is lovely and your dining shot made me hungry!
ReplyDelete