Another Wednesday is upon us, which means it is black and white Wednesday over at The Long Road to China! I took this photo this past weekend when we headed to New Braunfels. Gruene Hall is the oldest dance hall in Texas. They feature some really great musicians, mostly Texas Country artists - which I love. This place is in the heart of historic Gruene, and is surrounded by some great little hops, B&B's, and another favorite of mine, The Gristmill. We have been here a few times to catch a concert, and the place features no A/C, and in Texas - that can get REALLY hot, but the history behind it makes it so unique and such a fun place to go. I have always wanted to get a nice photo of the outside, but had never had the chance. I was able to get this shot after dinner when we were walking back to our condo. Enjoy!

Taken from their website:
"Built in 1878, Gruene Hall is the oldest continually running dance hall in Texas, and the Central Texas birthplace to many great songwriters and musicians. Including George Strait & Ace in the Hole, Lyle Lovett, Joe Ely, Robert Earl Keen, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Hal Ketchum, Bruce and Charlie Robison, and many more."
Check out more black and white photos here





Nice lighting. I love places with history and more than one story to tell
ReplyDeleteOh, I can just imagine the music in those walls.
ReplyDelete:)
Nicely done! You sure can see there is a lot of history behind this photo! Well done!
ReplyDeleteLove this shot! The history of the hall makes the picture that more wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely STUNNING!!! Great story, too!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot! Looks like the building has kept its integrity even through all these years.
ReplyDeleteAwesome picture!
ReplyDeletei saw this on FB yesterday and figured it'd be what you were blogging about today! lol! I miss that place. i havent been in...10 yrs? Going to river tomorrow but just for a day trip. boo :(
ReplyDeleteI love the lighting - kinda dramatic. I like that.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm back! I was just there at that dance hall a couple months back and had a blast! In fact...I took some pictures right across the street from there and made them into black and whites that I haven't posted yet on my blog. I loved Gruene and hope to go back one day. ( i live in West Texas).
ReplyDeleteI think I had posted some pics of Bubba's Big Deck bar! =)
Hey E! Loving all your pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous photo. You could put that up huge on a dining room wall and it would fit right in.
ReplyDelete