December 15, 2010

Before & After: Simple Beauty

I took this photo while we were at my husbands parents house over Thanksgiving. I just got around to editing some of them. I walked around their house and took photos while the boys played washers. I have not messed around with textures too much but I really like how this turned out.

BEFORE
DSC_0187

AFTER
simplicity-1

Shot using Nikon D5000 and 50mm 1.4 
  • Zoomed and cropped
  • Adjusted curves and my levels
  • Ran TRA's vignette+blur standard dropped the blur and edge burn fill to around 80%
  • Ran TRA's Dirty Diana texture and faded, and erased some
  • I think those were all my steps....enjoy!


I am also using my "after" photo for my simple beauty entry. Check out more here


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. You know how much I love this shot. Such an interesting detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the crop and texture! Beautiful shot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, just that hint of colour. The processing is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding nests in bare trees! The texture really gives it depth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a really great job adding the texture and I think your cropping was a good choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dark treatment and texture. It really makes it stand out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this after lichen shot - I am always taking photos of lichen LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture, but the texture just adds so much...personality to it, I guess. I can't think of the right word, but it looks awesome. Great job!

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!! Gorgeous edit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything is perfect. the crop, the brightness of the red leaf, and the texture. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool shot, I love the edit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Awesome clarity and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Zoom and Color pop make this absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your edit - the crispness and color! I'm not sure about the texture though, I like the softer bokeh better :) Nice crop, also!

    ReplyDelete