April 14, 2011

Before and After - Nick

As I mentioned in my previous post, I headed to Galveston this past weekend to take some photos for a high school friend sons. Their mom wanted some close up shots of their faces, in the original photo Matt has the awkward forced photo, he was totally ready to run back into the water, but Nick had a really cute smile on his face so what I saw this image I thought maybe I could crop Matt out. Sorry Matt! Here is how it turned out:

BEFORE
DSC_0298

AFTER
Image-25

and black and white just because...
Image-26

Nikon D5000 15-55/2.8
Edited in CS5
Zoomed, then cloned the beach and water to erase the rest of Matt's head
Adjusted levels and curves
Ran Flora Bella's Halo and dropped the opacity to around 30% I can't remember...oops




 Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That is an adorable shot - I really like the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great crop and edit! I REALLY like the B&W version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great edits. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous edit. I love the B&W. :)

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete