January 18, 2011

Black & White Wednesday: A Request

I am not sure how to start this post, and I was also not sure if I was going to even share a photo from this session. Last week my brother in law found out his mother has Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer. The overwhelming sadness I feel for the family is indescribable. They have been a part of our family for 10 years. He has been married to my sister since 2001, and they are such a wonderful family. His sister asked if I could come over before she starts treatment and take some photos of their mom, Judi with Evan (Evan is the only grand child on both sides of the family). Talk about a big request...but definitely one that I was so happy to do.




Judi-Evan



the long road

I also think this photo falls into Shutter Loves "Tint" theme, I think the black and white tint really adds a story and emotion to this shot

ShutterLoveTuesdays


Also, if you have a moment I know any good thoughts you could send their way would be greatly appreciated.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your news! I will say a prayer for her - that she will experience incredible peace in the midst of all of the anxiety, and comfort for your sister's extended family!

    What a precious gift you were able to give them by capturing these moments so they can live forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet photo and I will keep this family in my prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious capture. We will add your family to our prayers. I'm sorry to hear this news. I understand what it feels like to receive it. My FIL is fighting terminal lung cancer - he is doing amazing after he began natural treatments. What a journey!

    Blessings,
    Jill
    http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photo E. keeping them in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo! This one will be treasured for a long time! I'll be thinking of their family! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture and beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete