I know I have shared a few photos of my cousin’s little girl, but I am trying to finish them up so I can send her a disk, so you get to see another shot of her. I think I mentioned we shot these in New Orleans at City Park, I could shoot there all day it is HUGE with so many different spots. One of the areas has all of these interesting statues – and one was this huge dog and each side was a different color. Towards the end of the shoot she started playing in the statue so I shot away. I captured this really cute moment, but was a bit underexposed. Here is my before and after.
BEFORE

AFTER

Shot with Nikon D5000 using the 17-55/2.8 edited in CS5
- Cloned the bruise off her forehead
- Resized for landscape
- Adjusted levels to brighten
- Ran TRA Lux Soft dropped opacity to 40%
- Did a slight unsharp mask
- Brightened her face a tad
- Finally extended the yellow wall out
I also might have a photo challenge idea that would run monthly through the year I know there are a ton of photo challenges out there - but I think this might be fun. Check back later today or tomorrow for more!






Great color pop!
ReplyDeleteYes!
ReplyDeleteI love this - the new composition is perfect and it really pops!
ReplyDeleteYumm, I love that color! great edit!
ReplyDeleteoh nice!
ReplyDeleteThat is so totally GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT. The colors pop right off the page!
ReplyDeleteBright and beautiful! You also did a great job changing the orientation. That is not an easy thing to pull off but you did a great job!
ReplyDeleteHer face is perfect!
ReplyDelete