August 22, 2012

Words From Mom

 
B and I have been married almost 4 years {so crazy} and we have yet to be pressured by family to have a child. This I am grateful for.

…cue yesterday’s phone call…

…it happened

Me: Oh you guys are having Evan this weekend?
Mom: Yep picking him up on Thursday
Me: Oh I’ll be down that way for a photo session maybe we can have lunch
Mom: Oh dad is meeting one of his Cuban friends for lunch
Me: ah ok, well maybe I can come by
Mom: it sure would be nice if Evan had a cousin
Me: it would be nice if Evan had a brother or sister
Mom: well if you or your sister just wouldn’t wait so long….
Me: well if you and dad had Elisa and I closer together in age…  {we are nearly 12 years apart}
Mom: ohhh so it’s my fault
Me: confirmed.


Don’t get me wrong babies are cute and all and I get super excited for friends that are expecting  - I will throw you a fab baby shower!  But I really just like to play with them and hand them back to their parents. 

I am definitely still at the stage where when I see a kid throwing a tantrum in public I literally want to close up shop.

So mom, that whole baby thing is not happening tomorrow, and probably not next year either, have fun with Evan!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Amen sister! You'll know when you're ready. That's what I keep telling my mom and sister! The hubs and I have only been married 2 1/2 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we just talk about how annoying these conversations are?? We have a nephew coming in October so thank goodness that's held my MIL off (she only made 1 comment about how we can "go off the BC any time" which was after my SIL announced her pregnancy). My mom is totally not ready to be a grandma, I know this because she's said so, haha.
    We did get a comment from a woman at church asking us when we'll have little red headed babies (my husband has red hair). It's just really frustrating! I'm glad you're standing your ground though and making the decision when YOU are ready! We've been married 2 1/2 years and we'll probably be married closer to 4 before we're ready for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i just read this and I'm cracking up. I have no idea when our day is coming but I know it's not soon!

    ReplyDelete