June 23, 2010

Recipe - Fruit Pizza

In May I attended one of my many baby showers this year and I was asked to make the famed fruit pizza and black bean and corn salsa. I was just going through my pictures and saw that I had a photo of said fruit pizza, so I thought I would share the recipe with you. My coworker made this once before, then I made it, and it has been a hit with my friends and at parties. Here is a version I found online Fruit Pizza, but mine is a little different. So here is how I make mine...

Ingredients:
1 roll of sugar cookie dough
2-3 cups of powdered sugar
2 blocks of cream cheese (8 oz)
Rounds pizza stone/cooking sheet

These are the fruits I use:
Pineapple
Kiwi (I usually only need 2)
Strawberries
Blackberries or Raspberries
Blueberries

1. Flatten out the cookie dough, I just use my CLEAN hands =) into a circle, about an inch or so away from the edge of pan
2. Cook the cookie - I usually put it in for 10 minutes and just check it, I like the cookie to be a little softer so it is up to you
3. Soften the cream cheese and start stiring in powdered sugar. I use about 2-2.5 cups of powdered sugar, just start off with a cup and mix it to taste. I don't measure anymore
4. Dice up strawberries, kiwi, wash fruit
5. Once cookie is done, let cool. I have put it in the fridge overnight a few times, but I usually make this in 1 day so 30 minutes or so is fine. Just don't want the "sauce" to melt
6. Layer cookie with the "sauce"
7. Place fruit on as you wish - I always put different fruit on each circle
8. Slice and enjoy!

Here is the finished product (I didn't use kiwis on this one because someone was allergic)

This one is not the best photo, but you get the idea...



CreativeShareWednesdays




Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Nice design! I'll have to try this version. The way I make "the sauce" is using granulated sugar and the cream cheese. Sounds yummy with the powdered also.

    Question though... Does your fruit normally "bleed" juices all over your pizza?? The last couple times I've made it the fruit has gotten juicy on it. Still tastes great- but dosen't always look as pretty as yours does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm no I can't say I have had that happen, the strawberries sometimes dye "the sauce" but other than that everything is usually good! Maybe after you wash the fruit dry it off with a paper towel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. This looks delicious! It looks pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I've never had a fruit pizza before! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks sooooo good! I'm visiting (and now following) from New Friend Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really nice and healthy too. Great job and you have a lovely blog! I am your new follower. Come by and visit me at http://showememama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete