June 21, 2010

Diapers, Diapers, and more Diapers

This past weekend I had a baby shower  to attend for my great friend Jo and I ended up making a diaper cake for the mother to be. I have really enjoyed making these, although rolling 82 diapers takes longer than you may think. My husband would also like to know when my friends will stop having babies, or getting married. Here are a few photos of the finished product

Once Jo found out there was a bottle of wine in the middle she was ready to tear it apart, maybe I should have just told her it was empty...or is that too cruel? I can't wait to meet baby Vicknair within the next few weeks, now if they would just pick out a name!

4 comments:

  1. E I love the diaper cake! I'd love to see directions on how to do this. Maybe next time you make one you can do a step by step instruction post =)
    What a fun project. And I love that you put a bottle of wine in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! You should sell these on etsy! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just might be the cutest diaper cake I have ever seen! My husband wishes my friends would stop getting married too...and we haven't even hit the baby stage yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks girls! I thought about putting one on etsy, but have not figured out how I would ship it!!

    Anna - I thought about doing a step by step, I will def keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete