June 28, 2011

Dancing Queen

This past weekend we packed up and headed to New Orleans to see family, and so that Evan could meet all his other cousins. The other main reason we went was because my Aunt owns a dance studio and the revue (recital) was on Friday. This was her 41st year to be teaching - yes FORTY-ONE, she has it in this big theatre and it is always so neat to go. This year was special because all the little cousins were dancing with their dads this year so we had to go witness it!

My cousin Markel asked me to bring my camera to take some photos of everyone before they headed out on stage. This is her daughter Brooke (she has made her presence known on this blog too) getting ready to dance to My Girl, My Guy. They had the cutest little blue tutu costumes, fully outfitted with a crown and white gloves. Here she is in her dressing room about to dance her little heart out!


Revue-1-FB


Revue-2-FB

the long road

Don't forget about my giveaway - it ends Friday!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh...that is an adorable photo. I love her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I think I've been to your blog. I'm from New Orleans! I'm not living there now.

    This picture is incredible! Wish we could see more.

    What is the name of the dance studio? I may know it. I had 5 sons, so they didn't attend of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable - I've only met one other person with that name (Markel).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness she is precious! I love this shot.

    ReplyDelete