April 14, 2010

Checks!

So at the beginning of the year I jumped on the bandwagon and started a 101 in 1,001 days list, you know do all 101 things in 1,001 days. I have actually checked a couple more things off that list, and working on a few others.

#27 - No Eating Out for a Week
B and I realized we started eating out way too much, during the week was not usually a problem, but when those weekends come it was bad news. So after work a couple weeks ago I came home and told B that we needed to change this. We decided that we would only eat out ONCE a week, and in the long run it would help our bank account, and our figure! Well the last time I ate out was last Tuesday, April 6th, - we had a Whataburger break down, but alas I made it a full 7 days!

#34 - Make to work by 8AM for a week
I am the type of person that hates to be late, but it seemed like no matter what time I left in the morning I would always get to work at 8:03-8:05, so I started to make a conscience effort to start waking up earlier and leave earlier, so when I got to work 2 days in a row at 7:30 to make up an hour I had taken off my coworker made a bet with me to see if I could make it to work for a MONTH before 8AM. Not only did I make it to work before 8AM for a week, I am now in my 5th week of making it before 8AM! So I won the bet, and scratched another thing off my list. I did not "win" anything in our bet, it was more of a "oh you don't think I can do it, well now I will prove you wrong" kind of thing...and I hate losing.

3 comments:

  1. What great progress! I'll be the not eating out was so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I've totally slacked on my 30 before 30 list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both great goals...and 2 I need to set for myself. Except I probably need to start with 8:30. I'm a 8:45-9:00 kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete