with some Texas Country in Steamboat Springs, CO. B and I, along with 9 others headed out to the 25th Annual Texas Country Music Fest for some some snowboarding, 40 bands and awesome live music. This is the third year our group has gone, we missed last year due to our wedding so we were pumped about the trip this year (although our honeymoon to the Dominican was just as awesome). I was even more excited about heading there because I got to put my new camera to great use.
After a day of hitting the slopes...and I mean that literally,I had bruises
Can you find me? I'm not standing...
And I am up and going..trust me it didn't last long
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Jason Boland & The Stragglers
The group after lunch on the Mountain
Brandon Rhyder...download "Let The Good Times Roll" and "Freeze Frame Time"
Charlie Robison
Some of the mountain
Blouns, our drunken snowman
You know you are at a Texas Country music concert when...
Stoney Larue
Outside of our condo
The Party Never Ends with Robert Earl Keen
And one of the highlights of the trip was getting to meet Lee Ann Womack
We had an awesome time, and Steamboat is absolutely gorgeous! If I liked the cold then I could possibly live there. It did get to -20 one night...yes that read NEGATIVE TWENTY, which even makes things in your nose freeze (TMI, but we found it amusing). and we also had no problem keeping our drinks cold.
Although I have nothing else to compare it to, I highly recommend Steamboat for a ski vacation, the people are nice, and the scenery is breathtaking, we are definitely hoping we head back there next year.



















What a fun trip! We LOVE Texas Country - we will have to look into this for next year!
ReplyDeleteThat snowman is too fun!
wow... what a great trip and photos. really snowman is great. will definitely try to go next year...
ReplyDelete