If you like chicken, and you like tacos the you should probably just go ahead and make these. My cousin and his girlfriend, Monica had us over a couple months ago for a little dinner and UFC and she made these awesome chicken tacos. After trying them, I had to have the recipe. She called them Mo's Chicken Tacos, I tried finding this recipe online but had no luck, so I have no clue where she found it, but it's fabulous. Here is the recipe:
1 sweet Onion
1 Green bell pepper
some minced garlic
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Black beans (we used 2 cans)
1 packet of spicy taco seasoning
Flour tortillas
*shredded cheese (monterey jack, chedder blend)
*sour cream
*sliced jalapenos
*shredded lettuce
*diced tomatoes
*These were all used on the tortillas, my husband actually just mixed all this and ate it as a "taco salad" minus the tortilla*
Dice your onion and bell pepper. Saute the veggies with about 2 tablespoons minced garlic in a tbs of butter. While your veggies are cooking, take your 4 boneless chicken breast and cube them up.
Remove your veggies and put to the side. Get your skillet real hot and toss in your chicken, searing both sides and then reduce the heat to medium and cook for a few minutes (I guess four or five minutes based upon how big your cubes are). Once your chicken is done, add your veggies back to the skillet and then mix in your taco seasoning as directed on the packet. I blend all of this together and get it to boil for a minute and then I fold in my DRAINED black beans. Blend the mixture and let simmer for another minute or so. I use this time to dice up my jalapenos...when I am done I toss them in and it is ready!
Next time we will probably just use 2 boneless chicken breasts, because here is how much it made...for the TWO of us...




Yum! I can't wait to try that, thank you!
ReplyDelete