I swear this is not turning into a recipe blog, because frankly it would be done now. It is very hard to cook for my husband. He really likes eating healthy, like sometimes bland and blah food so it is not uncommon for us to fend for ourselves during the week. Well I was really wanting to find some new meals for us to eat together - the first one I tried, which I won't even mention came out HORRIBLE and I thought he would ban me from the kitchen all together. I started searching online for some good, healthy chicken meals and I came across some with black beans. We both love black beans so I thought I would give it a try. I came home super excited to cook it, but also nervous that he would not like it.
Outcome: LOVED it!
Grade: A+
Woohoo, it was so tasty and my husband loved it...so much he was making it the next week, and making extras so he could eat left overs for lunch, etc...
Here is the recipe, I modified it a little bit so I will give you my version
3-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Can of Rotel
Half of a large Onion - Chopped
1 - 26 oz Can of Black Beans (we use a larger can because we like black beans)
1 - 15 oz can of Corn - Drained
I dice the chicken then cook in a pan on the stove, with olive oil. I also season with some Tony's, because I use it on everything
Once the chicken is nearly cooked, toss in diced onion, rotel, beans, and corn
Stir and let simmer for 15-20 minutes
I sprinkle cheese on after and enjoy!
Once the chicken is nearly cooked, toss in diced onion, rotel, beans, and corn
Stir and let simmer for 15-20 minutes
I sprinkle cheese on after and enjoy!

**score one for the dinner rotation!**




We were just talking about that on Friday! Domesticated Diva!
ReplyDeleteway to go!!
ReplyDelete