This past weekend I headed to San Angelo for our 1st Annual College Alumni soccer game, and of course to see my best friend Ang. The trip did not get off to a great start considering I was supposed to leave Friday, and did not get to leave until 6AM Saturday morning, thank you bad weather in Dallas! Finally got to San Angelo, and since we couldn't check into our ratty hotel (more about that later) we headed to our fav place to eat, and then off to campus. We thought since we were there might as well head on over to the UC, and to the bookstore. Out of all weekends, it just happened to be "Discover ASU" weekend and there were hundreds of high schoolers checking out the college, along with every college organization ASU has. We felt old. We went to the bookstore to check out what they had to offer, and we ended up buying stuff and the conversation went:Checkout girl: "do you have your coupon?"
Us: "what coupon?"
Checkout girl: "your discover ASU coupon."
Ang: "ummm no, I am 28, Alumni, pregnant, and married..." After saying she was preggo, of course she said she was married at least twice. I love you Ang!
I guess we can take it as a compliment, apparently we still look like we could pass as high school seniors. Ang the way I see it, at least you were a pregnant married high school student wanting to continue her education! = )
Of course we had to take pictures around campus, which I am sure passerbys found amusing. Then we got to the La Quinta (which means High Speed Internet) and it has not been updated. We got to our room, and it was a nightmare. The non smoking room was obviously not one, lights barely worked, and just smelled horrible. Not to mention the girl working the front desk was less than friendly. We high tailed it outta there and headed to the Marriott. Much better!
We were able to have dinner with all of the girls from college, and even went to a smoke free bar for the preggo girls. Which by the way congrats to our fellow teammates! Can't wait to see all the babies next year! The game on Sunday against the current team, went better than expected, I mean we lost but hey we did well. It was really good to see some girls that I had not seen in a few years, and I am looking forward to the next one.












sorry it got off to a bad start but glad it was a good time.
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! We had so much fun! I miss you Boixy!! Come back!!!!
ReplyDeleterun emily run!
ReplyDelete