July 17, 2012

Texas Tuesday Ya'll





I am back for Texas Tuesday and since I talked about the Rivers in my first Texas Tuesday post I am going to move down the street and talk about Gruene.


Every year when we go to the river we try and hit up a concert at Gruene Hall and/or go to the Gristmill. Gruene – one of Texas’ oldest dance halls is definitely an experience - nothing compares to seeing some good live Texas Country in that little hall…oh that also has NO A/C – it’s all about the memories people!

  {Fleurish Imagery}


You want front row this is what you do, keepin' in classy






The Gristmill located right next door is a restaurant built out of an old cotton mill. We definitely go here every time we have a river trip because no river trip is complete with out their Sangria – served in a mason jar of course and their amazeballs Chicken Fried Steak. ß---- this is the one time a year I generally eat chicken fried steak too, its that good.





There are also a few little wineries around town that are in walking distance. We went to one last year – Winery on the Green, and for $5 yes only $5 you can try I think it was 4 different wines of your choice. We did a few of their fruit infused wines which were really good and even bought some bottles. All fairly priced – and I do mean that, I am a cheap wine drinker they were all mostly $15 and under. We bought the Pomegranate Wildberry ($10.95) and the Blueberry Shiraz ($10.95). I would love to go back and do the winemaking class that they have too.
 

 
If you need a break from the river or just driving through the hill country for a visit these places are a must!

11 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with Greene I am for North SA so we would go to Greene all the time. I have so many great memories there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through your post, I kept thinking, "These are such lovely photos!" And now I'm dying of laughter because of that 'stache photo! A good way to end a post, in my opinion! Hahaha!

    I hope I'll meet you at a Houston meet-up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am putting Gruene on my list to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am stopping by and new follower from TEXAS TUESDAY!! LOVE this (I am a little jealous))
    XOXOXO
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, yes... I LOVE Gruene. Such a cute town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gruene is on my bucket list of places! Love all your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love, love Gruene!! I haven't been in about 7 years, but I'm dying to go and take M and B! (B's never been!) And? That picture of you is priceless! LOL

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you believe I've never been there?! I know, I'm a horrible Texan :( And, I've never floated the river!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been there! It's on my Texas bucket list, but this makes me want to go badly now! I love the sangria served in mason jars idea, so cute!!

    Love the picture of you at the end, great!

    Thanks for linking up girl. Hope to see ya next Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey hotly. Can't believe I wasn't following your blog.

    Lura
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Gruene!!! I used to live in New Braunfels...I miss it so much! :)

    I'm starting a new link party on my blog exclusively for traveling or experiencing different places. I'd love it if you'd hop on over and link up this post. Thanks so much!

    http://www.letbirdzfly.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-places-youll-go-travel-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete